Recruitment open day for allied health professionals
Bands 5, 6 and 7
- Occupational therapy / speech and language therapy / care manager / physiotherapy
- Bands 5, 6 and 7
- Full time
- Part time
- Flexible working
- Compressed hours
- Annualised hours
- Various across the Medway towns
- £27,055 - £47,672 per annum (dependant on banding and NHS experience)
- 11/12/2022 23:59
Do you want to be part of an award winning and dynamic social enterprise that:
- is renowned for providing high quality care and is ranked ‘Good’ by the CQC;
- is a for-better-profit organisation, reinvesting any surplus back into our health and care services and our local community;
- is friendly, ambitious, welcomes innovation and rewards excellence;
- offers superior benefits; everything you get in the NHS and more;
- and whose achievements reflect the passion, dedication and commitment demonstrated by our staff across all services?
Our vision is to be a successful, vibrant, community interest company that benefits the communities we serve. So if you want be a part of this, we would love to hear from you.
Calling all occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and care managers!
- Do you want to make a real and valuable difference to patients in their own homes?
- Would you like to join a service that will give you the time and space to learn, with a comprehensive nursing induction programme and clinical supervision?
- Do you want a career where we will support your learning and help you to achieve your goals?
Join us on 11 January 2023 to find out more about what we can offer you, and tell us more about your skills, knowledge and potential.
Main duties of the job
We are holding a recruitment open day at the Bridgewood Manor Hotel in Chatham, and we would love it if you came along to meet us. This will be an opportunity for you to learn more about Medway Community Healthcare (MCH); a social enterprise providing NHS services throughout Medway and beyond.
We are proud to have been awarded Gold in the Medway Workplace Wellbeing Awards and we offer a comprehensive health and wellbeing package. We are looking for people who share our values:
- we are caring and compassionate
- we deliver quality and value
- we work in partnership.
We are seeking people who are adaptable and collaborative, with the potential to grow, and the ability to plan, prioritise and organise their work. We ask that our senior people inspire, motivate, and unleash potential in others!
So, what are you waiting for? We look forward to receiving your application and meeting you on 11 January.
If you have applied for a role, we may be able to interview you on the day. But don’t worry, if this isn’t convenient, we can arrange a later date that works better.
Working for our organisation
So what else?
- This is your chance to join a progressive and innovative service in a social enterprise that is patient and staff focused - you’ll even have the opportunity to become an MCH shareholder.
- We encourage staff to get involved in exploring new ways of working and service development.
- We’ll provide well established, in-service training, one to one supervision, and appraisals with regular support.
- You’ll be able to develop your skills in a friendly and supportive team.
Would you like to work flexibly? In the NHS, we are reminded every day of how important life is. As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us, for our patients and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement which will not mean sacrificing time for personal interests or family commitments. We aim to support you to work flexibly in a way that will suit you and us.
The small print
- Informal visits can be arranged on request.
- We will always appoint the best person for the job, but applications are particularly welcome from candidates from BAME groups which are underrepresented in our service.
- We will offer you the choice of two pension schemes; the NHS Pension scheme and the scottish widows group pension scheme.
- MCH encourages all staff to be double COVID vaccinated to protect themselves, their colleagues, their family and their patients.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see various attached job descriptions for the roles included in this recruitment day. Please check the relevant job description for the role you would like to apply for.
- Diploma/Degree in occupational therapy
- Current registration with the Health Professions Council
- Recognised Speech & Language Therapy qualification or equivalent
- Registered member of RCSLT
- Diploma/Degree in Physiotherapy
- Demonstrates behaviours in line with all three MCH values
- Various - see job descriptions
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Diane Lane
- Job title
- Head of service intermediate care
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 07813 565129
- Additional information
If you have problems applying, contact
Gillingham Business Park