Bladder and bowel clinical nurse lead
- Continence / nursing
- Band 7
- Full time
- Flexible working
- Lordswood Healthy Living Centre
- Lordswood, Chatham
- £41,659 - £47,672 per annum (dependent on NHS experience)
- 09/12/2022 23:59
Do you want to be part of an award winning and dynamic social enterprise that:
- is renowned for providing high quality care and is ranked ‘Good’ by the CQC;
- is a for-better-profit organisation, reinvesting any surplus back into our health and care services and our local community;
- is friendly, ambitious, welcomes innovation and rewards excellence;
- offers superior benefits; everything you get in the NHS and more;
- and whose achievements reflect the passion, dedication and commitment demonstrated by our staff across all services?
Our vision is to be a successful, vibrant, community interest company that benefits the communities we serve. So if you want be a part of this, we would love to hear from you.
- Do you have an extensive clinical knowledge of continence?
- Do you have experience of managing a complex caseload?
- Do you have experience of leading, managing and developing staff including performance and supervision?
If so, then we have the perfect role for you!
Main duties of the job
So what else?
We are looking for someone who can provide clinical leadership and operational team management, including the planning, coordination, delivery and evaluation of our continence service. You will work collaboratively with all members of the local care pillar endorsing and supporting the principles of Buurtzorg with staff and in clinical care provision.
As an autonomous practitioner, you will take a major role in the advanced specialist assessment and treatment of patients within urinary and bowel dysfunction who may have acute, complex and/or chronic presentation.
You will provide direct care and assessment of complex patients every Wednesday for at least 7.5 hours, working in clinic with complex patients.
Working for our organisation
The small print
- Would you like to work flexibly? In the NHS, we are reminded every day of how important life is. As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us, for our patients and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement which will not mean sacrificing time for personal interests or family commitments. We aim to support you to work flexibly in a way that will suit you and us.
- We will offer you a choice of pension scheme; the NHS Pension or our group personal pension with Scottish Widows;
- Informal visits can be arranged on request;
- Interviews will take place: TBC
MCH encourages all staff to be double COVID vaccinated to protect themselves, their colleagues, their family and their patients.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Responsibility for patient care
· You will be expected to take part in the processes for monitoring and improving the quality of care provided to patients. This includes risk management, complying with and contributing to CQC requirements and clinical audit.
· Assesses, develops and implements specialist nursing care programmes; provides highly specialist advice.
Responsibility for policy and service development
· Leads the development, implementation and audit of protocols, policies and integrated pathways using current research that facilitate change in practice which improve clinical outcomes and meet the needs of patients and carers.
Financial and physical resources
· Joint responsibility for overtime and expense approval.
· Responsibility for ordering and maintaining stock, including supervising junior staff with product management and orders.
· Be responsible for the performance review of community nursing staff which includes
· annual appraisal (PDR) and individual development plans. Monitor staff against objectives set, giving feedback regularly via the supervision process.
· Assist in the recruitment of staff, appraisal process, risk assessment process and complaints, performance management process.
· Assist in clinical supervision and peer review including mentorship to junior colleagues.
· Provides clinical leadership to team members.
· The organisation is committed to support the health and wellbeing of all its employees. The post holder is required to familiarise themselves with the organisation’s range of health and wellbeing support, share with their team, and report stress and ill health as early as possible.
· Database management
· Inputs activity onto the recognised MCH database in order to support service development and meet contractual requirements.
· Keeps accurate, contemporaneous records and written reports, as required.
Research and development
· Take part in clinical research in-line with MCH protocols
· Incorporates relevant research findings with practice and participates in MCH approved research programmes.
Freedom to Act
Accountable for own professional actions, manages team and interprets policy
- RGN / Degree Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- NMC registration
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- Promotion of Continence Care (ENB 978) or equivalent
- Management qualification
- Extensive and relevant post-registration experience
- Experience at a senior level in bladder and bowel specialist nursing and continence service provision
- Experience of self-direction
- Experience as an appraiser and in clinical supervision
- Demonstrates behaviours in line with all three MCH values
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Kelly Spooner
- Job title
- Head of service - community nursing
- Email address
- Telephone number
If you have problems applying, contact
Gillingham Business Park